Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Day 2011...www.atticeyewear.com

Kermit the Frog Macy Thanksgiving Day Float circa 1977
Tradition is a ritual, belief or object passed down within a society, still maintained in the present, with origins in the past.

Tradition dictates on Thanksgiving Day our family ritual consists mostly of watching TV.

First we begin with the Macy Thanksgiving Day parade.  I tend to favor Sesame Street for my girls and I always watched the show together. Some parents used Sesame Street for time to do other things while they had their kids focused on the TV.  I however enjoyed watching the show as much as my girls did!

New Julius Float Macy Thanksgiving Day 2011











Then begins the day of basting...basting...basting! Tradition dictates a Classic Menu of Turkey, Stuffing, Homemade Cranberry Sauce, my mother "Rose" recipe for Green Beans,  Cherry Pie and Chocolate Chip Cookies for dessert.
Miracle on 34th Street
The National Dog Show



Tradition... then we find the movie Miracle on 34th St. and watch it as if it was the first time viewing.
How this movie continues to captivate I find amazing!  I guess having true content and meaning keeps it fresh as if it is the first time viewed...hmm... kind of like day to day life!






Tradition...then it is time to watch  The National Dog Show . If you are unaware I am a dog lover and hope that if you wish to find a loving and dear friend you will go to your local shelter before you spend hundreds or possible thousands on a pet!

So much to be Thankful for in Life and I love Thanksgiving for it is the pure sense of a Holiday!  Tradition...Family...Love...Thanking God for all the blessing of Life!

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate this holiday by name and even if you do not Please be Thankful anyway even if it is just being thankful for "Breath" this too is something to be Thankful for!

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment